Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Austin Bucket List...a work in progress

So, here's the deal. I've lived in Austin since May 2007, this is not counting my brief stint in 2002 following a year of studying photography in Paris. I used to live in Los Angeles and I always prided myself on being the 'go-to' girl for travel itinerary planning for any incoming tourists. I like to be this girl. I like to know what's hot, what's new and where people are going.
That said, there are A LOT of places in Austin that I have never been. Don't get me wrong, I've been to many new restaurants and new bars, but actual Austin Landmarks...I'm kinda lacking. I've thought about this quite a bit recently and decided the best way to challenge myself was to place my list on a public domain, which will make me accountable.

So, in no particular order here goes...

1.  Swim in Barton Springs

2. Hike the Greenbelt from one end to another

3. Go to Ginny's Longhorn Saloon on a Sunday for Chicken Shit Bingo & Dale Watson

4. Go two-steppin at The Broken Spoke

5. Go tubing down the Guadalupe River

6. Take a tour at The Capitol of Texas

7. Visit Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center

8. Eat at Smitty BBQ in Lockhart

9. Eat at Black's BBQ in Lockhart

10. Ride in a Swan boat at Town Lake with my sister, Laura

11. Go to a Lonestar Rollergirls bout

12. Go rollerskating at Playland Skate Center

13. Visit the major museums in Austin

14. Have a drink at the Poodle Dog Lounge 

15. Have a drink at Lala's

16. Visit Enchanted Rock

17. Visit Marfa



20. Ride the pubcrawler


22. Take a swim at Deep Eddy


24. Swim in Hamilton Pool 

25. Visit Mt. Bonnell 

26. Visit Elisabet Ney Museum in Hyde Park



29. Visit the Cathedral of Junk 

30. Visit LBJ Library

Well...that's it (for now) I've added links to all of the locations for anyone that wants to learn more about any of the mentions on my list. I am giving myself a year to visit these places. Some are not in Austin, per se, but they are all familiar to Austinites. so I didn't think it hurt to mention them. ;). I'm open to suggestions and I will frequently visit this page to mark off my conquests, which I will also be blogging about, so wish me luck and LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!



photo credit: lisa m | the digital bird

1 comment:

  1. Hello lisa veronica,
    This blog is very great.I am impressed by your blogs.

    Party Bucket with Longhorn

    ReplyDelete