Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot Toddy weather

It has been pretty cold in Austin these past several days. No, we don't get snow or blizzards, but for us Texans, a night in the 20's or 30's is not something that we are used to. I've never actually made a Hot Toddy, but I love to say it. It just sounds cozy and for anyone who knows me (and as my sister suggested) 'Cozy' should be my middle name. Lisa Cozy....it certainly has a nice ring to it..Anywho, I looked up some recipes and realized that for once, I actually had all the ingredients to attempt this, granted, it's a drink, but it was an exciting feeling! So, I yelled down my plan and got a 'yes please' as an answer and started on my mission. I used this recipe from Allrecipes.com, which doesn't call to use tea. I also used Scotch instead of Whiskey. Perhaps next time I will try it with some steeped tea for some added coziness :), but they were pretty deelish all the same.

My sister got this vintage shot glass for me on etsy.com

mini grater!

cozy in a cup

No comments:

Post a Comment