Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Kitchen project week 2 - Mushroom Risotto bake

Hello from gloomy Austin. We had a brief peek at sunshine yesterday, but it's back to gloomsville today. I pretty much stayed indoors all weekend because all it did was rain rain rain. Come Sunday, I wasn't very motivated to do much, but I knew I had to keep on track with my kitchen project and after a bit of searching, I settled on this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, The Kitchn. I switched it up a bit, Central Market was out of cremini mushrooms :( and I used chicken stock instead of veggie, otherwise it would have been a vegan recipe. It was actually quite fun to make, save for the endless tears I got from slicing and dicing the onions. Boy, did that HURT! I usually have my contact lenses in and for some crazy reason, they act as a barrier and save me from the burning tears. Regardless, the bake was delicious and cozy and perfect for a rainy night in watching the Golden Globes. And, for the record, I thought Ricky Gervais was hilarious.

Cremini's were out, so I settled on these
I'm crying out in pain at this point
Garlic and onions are my happy smell
I love having a giant rosemary bush in my front yard
y voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment