Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Currently obsessing over...DOWNTON ABBEY

For those who know me, I'm a total sucker for period pieces. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen the 5 hour version of 'Pride and Prejudice'. 
The latest on Masterpiece Theatre is 'Downton Abbey'.
Graydon Carter, the editor of Vanity Fair,  raved about it in last month's 'Letter from the Editor'. He had me at 'Shooting Party' and 'Gosford Park'. So, the DVR was set. The first episode aired on Sunday night and I gotta say, it's delicious! Lots of gossip, intrigue and drama. I love the juxtaposition of the upper class and the servants living under the same roof. Needless to say, I can't wait for the next episode.
Downton Abbey aires on Sunday evenings, January 9-30 on your local PBS affiliate.

No comments:

Post a Comment