Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'll take a number 26 - HAI KY - Vietnamese on East Oltorf

So, we aren't the only ones having extreme cold weather, it seems as if the whole country is under a blanket, or wet cold icy blanket...Weather like this just makes me want to eat soup and cozy up. If I'm not making it, one of my favorite places to eat a wonderfully homey big bowl of soup is HAI KY.  There is more than one location in Austin, but I have only visited the East Oltorf spot. It's a very unassuming little spot in a strip mall, some of the best Asian places usually are.
Two people can eat an entree, share an appetizer and each have a beer for around $22.00. Not bad. It's a pretty busy spot. I've eaten in and had take out many times and it always is happy in my tummy. Many say it's the best PHO in town, I'll let you be the judge. My latest obsession is number 26. Egg noodles, chicken broth and pork wontons. slurp.

Check out Hai Ky here on yelp.com

Chang Beer has little elephants on it!

springrolls

Number 26 

This is Hai Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment